Welcome to UCN 2017!
The International Symposium on Underwater Communication and Networking (UCN 2017) 2017 is pleased to invite you to respond to our Call for Submissions for SmartTechCon2017, to be held from 17 - 19 August 2017 at the REVA University, Bangalore, India.
The oceans covering 70% of the surface of earth represent the least explored frontiers. Natural or man-made disasters that have taken place over the last few years have aroused significant interest in monitoring oceanic environments for scientific, environmental, commercial, safety, homeland security and military needs.
The past three decades have seen a growing interest in underwater acoustic communications. Extensive research over the years has resulted in improved performance and robustness as compared to the initial communication systems. Research has expanded from point-to-point communications to underwater networks. The scope of Underwater Communication and Networking is to cover a broad range of research directions relevant to underwater communication and network related to signal processing, communications, systems, and applications
Dr. Supriya M. H. , Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin, Kerala, India (Chair(s))
Dr. Mrinal Sarvagya, REVA University, Bangalore, India (Chair(s))
Dr. Manjula R. Bharamagoudra, REVA University, Bangalore, (Chair(s))
Dr. Milica Stojanovic, Northeastern University, Boston, MA
Dr. Bilal Gonen, University of Cincinnati, US
Dr. SunilKumar S. Manvi, REVA University, Bangalore, India
Dr. P. R. S. Pillai, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin, Kerala, India
Dr. Vinod Sharma, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Dr. C. E. Veni Madhavan, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Dr. Debabrata Das, International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore, India
Dr. A. V. Babu, National Institute of Technology, Calicut, India
Dr. Mohit P. Tahiliani, National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, India
Dr. P. Muralikrishna, Naval Physical and Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL), Kochi, Kerala, India
Dr. Sameer, Naval Physical and Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL), Kochi, Kerala, India
Dr. Vijay Holimath, PESIT, Bangalore, India
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Underwater Communications (including acoustic, optical, RF, and wired, etc)
- Underwater deployment schemes and architectures
- Cooperative underwater communications (Physical, MAC, Routing and Application, etc)
- Underwater acoustic modeling and signal processing
- Applications using underwater communications and their requirements Security of underwater communications Design of AUVs, ROVs and UUVs
- Networked underwater robotics (localization, navigation, security, communication & coordination and so on)
- Energy harvesting systems for underwater networks
- Energy-efficient algorithms, and protocol design for underwater networks Applications that broadly address underwater networks and systems along with coordinated underwater vehicles such as AUVs, ROVs
- Modeling, simulation, and testbeds for underwater systems with experimental results from field trails
- Channel physics and Ocean dynamics
Submit your paper in IEEE format. Submitted work should be original and application oriented. Acceptance will be based on reviewer's comments that will address the strong and weak aspects with suggestions to improve the work.